Tuesday, May 29, 2012

And the adventure begins!




Sooo, this morning Lauren Reynolds and I woke up at 2 am to make the 10 hour drive to florida! We made excellent timing and arrived at our resort around 1 pm. We did however drive through the tropical storm and enjoyed a lovely view of rain… lots and lots of rain…  But we arrived and checked in and were assigned our rooms. However, I was assigned to one room, and given the wrong key, so after unpacking and settling in I had to move myself to another condo. I then became aquainted with my awesome roommates, and then met all the other guys on project! 


My Room for the next 10 weeks :)


Birthday Cookies project staff made me :)

We then went and had dinner in a common area and got to meet all the girls who are on project (20 guys…40 girls.) Lets just say I am not sure how many names I remember! But now we are about to go to Walmart and get groceries, and then I am going to bed! It has been a long day of travel and meeting great new people but now I am exhuasted! Not only has this been a great 19 Birthday, but it has also been an amazing day to start my project! Please continue to support me with your prayers, and that God may use me in amazing ways this summer! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad y'all made it safely and looking forward to seeing what God has planned for you. Praying that you would fall more deeply in love with Him and be able to share His love with others.

    Mrs. Nelsen (Chris' mom)

    ReplyDelete