Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 18: (Saturday June 16th)

Well today was interesting. I spent the morning in a Community team meeting. (We are each on a different team to lead the project once the staff leaves in two weeks. Mine is community so we plan and organize all the events that will happen over the next 7 weeks)

I then spent the afternoon/evening at work. I am technically still being trained, and will not be done with training until this coming tuesday, however, I am finally doing actual job type things. I worked in Auntie Gravitys icecream stand today, and spent 10 hours making icecream. Lets just say I am going to be making the best ice cream cones at fountain dining hall next year. Be jealous.

I met several more of my coworkers today, and I am begining to develop the relationships with them, so hopefully they can see me live out the Gospel in my lifestyle, and I pray God gives me the oppurtunity to share the Gospel with them.

Overall, while my job is not the greatest and is definilty humbling, I am enjoying myself tremendously. Spending the summer growing in my relationship with God, and getting to share what I believe on a daily basis makes the not so great job in food service worth it.

Collosians 3:23:
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.


So while I may dislike my job, I will still give it everything I have, and do so with a joyful heart.




P.S. I was unable to get a blog up for June 15th, but here is an awesome picture i took after spending the day at Clearwater beach and meeting up with some of the people on project there: 
Its amazing how awesome our God is!

No comments:

Post a Comment