Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 6: A day of rest

Today was a great sunday. We got a lot of resting in today to prepare for our busy week.

We woke up and went to celebration community church this morning and heard a great message from the Gospel of Mark. Then after church I had every intention of going out by the pool and reading a little bit of Radical by David Platt, but I fell asleep on the couch for a few hours instead.

We then got to meet the head of Campus Crusade. He and his wife came and spoke to us as a group.

Afterwords, I played volleyball with several of my fellow project goers, went to a praise and worship session in one of our rooms, and then randomly decided to go to skecthy amusement park. After the amusement park we went to Mcdonalds.

So not a lot happened today, but it was a much needed day of rest. Please continue to keep us in your daily prayers as we allow God to use us this summer in the way we live and work.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing about what you are doing. We are praying for you often! Was the game you played on Day 4 - the cross cultural one - called "Bafa Bafa" by chance? It sounds a lot like a game I remember playing when I went through training for my summer project. :-)

    ReplyDelete