Monday, June 25, 2012

Rainy Day

Today was a decent day. Work was incredibly slow because there was litteraly almost no one there because of the monsoon that was happening outside. This gave me a great oppurunity to talk to and get to know several of my coworkers better, which was great.

I even got to "be magical" and juggle muffins and oranges, because we were that dead. I had an auidience in the ice cream shop. I mean hey, when its raining and there is nothing better to do, why not attempt to entertain the guests.

Also, tonight was the first time I began to feel like a "real" employee. I was able to help close one of the ice cream shops, and do my part without asking how to do things, and without help! I am ecstatic to finally be getting the hang of things and being able to do them on my own.

Furthermore, I received a Great Service Fanatic card from one of the coordinators today. These cards are basically recognition for being a great employee and doing something right. It is very rare that they are given out, especially to someone as new as me.

So despite the fact that it was rainy and wet and boring. I made the best of the situation. I got to know my coworkers better, spend time entertaining the guests, and even got a GSF card! So I'd say today was a great day at work (although I did just get off and its 4:30 am.... awesome work schedule i have....haha oh well)

No comments:

Post a Comment